Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Planning out story

After focusing primarily on research last week, it was time that I started to actually formulate the story for my opening. I wanted to use the knowledge that I gained doing my research and create sort of a list of things that I should implement before I go into the more specific details within in my story.

            What I should implement-
  1. Put large focus on the antagonist rather than the protagonist
  2. Keep my antagonist mostly hidden for a large portion of  the scene.
  3. Establish the antagonist without having to reveal it completely
  4. Keep tensions high throughout
  5. use/ replicate found footage style of film

    "Noroi: The Curse" 2005



In terms of how I plan on structuring the opening, I took a lot of inspiration from the Jaws opening that I looked at in my previous blog post. That's where I took many ideas in my list from as I felt that they worked very effectively and would be a more approachable way of filming for me. Mostly the notion of having a antagonist with a strong lurking presence while keeping it hidden was very impactful for me. The next thing I have to think about though, is what I want my antagonist to be. By keeping it mostly hidden I now have a lot of creative freedom in how I want to portray/show my antagonist, which is good but also means there is a lot more decisions to weight.


No comments:

Post a Comment

FILM OPENING

 After weeks in the making I have finally finished my film opening. It was a great learning experience for me and I had a lot of fun while d...