Thursday, February 24, 2022

Antagonist

    The antagonist of my story is something that I wanted to figure out first since I planned on centering my entire opening around it.  Though I planned on making the antagonist generally hidden throughout the entire duration of the opening, I still wanted there to be small glimpses and hints as to what it may be as well as what it might look like.

    For one, I need to consider what kind of horror antagonist I wanted to have. Normally I would go with just a human as the antagonist but given the creative liberty I have being that the antagonist is not fully revealed, I think it would be more interesting as well as scarier if it was a supernatural being.  

    Next, I wanted to get an idea of what it might look like for the moments where I might want to show some of it during the opening. I wanted to utilize the information I learned about the uncanny valley in my design. Rather than focusing on an entire body design, I instead just made a rough drawing of what I want the face of the monster to look like since I think that's the only part I'm going to show. 

This is the sketch I made of the monster that I created in photoshop. I wanted to make it have human features but messed with the proportions so that I could try to create that slight off feeling that could help tap into the uncanny valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FILM OPENING

 After weeks in the making I have finally finished my film opening. It was a great learning experience for me and I had a lot of fun while d...