Saturday, February 26, 2022

setting and characters

     Now that I have a general idea about my antagonist, I need to start considering the other characters and the setting. For the characters, I already know that I don't think they should be main characters or hold that much importance. Instead, I plan on using them as tools to establish my antagonist. This idea, again, takes some inspiration from the Jaws opening where 2 minor characters die to help set up the antagonist and set the tone for much of the film.  

    In terms of setting, I of course want something that could fit the tone of a horror film but also something that could fit under the context of the story. The first thing that came to my mind for a potential filming location was regional park. 

    This is because I the last time I went there it was night time and I felt like the atmosphere felt rather creepy being that no one was around.  In particular the gazebos and the bathroom I felt gave off a very eerie feeling and could be utilized in my filming. It is also a rather accessible location for me and one that I am familiar with so it will likely be where my story takes place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FILM OPENING

 After weeks in the making I have finally finished my film opening. It was a great learning experience for me and I had a lot of fun while d...