Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Selecting the right footage

     Now that I was done filming and compiled all the clips I needed, it was time to select the ones that would go into the final product. As necessary, I went through each clip and got rid of the ones that had some kind of mess up or had a better alternative. 

    Once I finished with that selective process, I then cut down basically every clip. I did this because I wanted the start of each clip to feel random and spontaneous to replicate the found footage feel that I aimed for at the start, After doing all this, the total time of all the usable clips combined came down to under the 2 minutes the opening needs to be. However, I plan on adding empty black space between the cuts in order to further the time and contribute to the found footage feeling. Plus, this would be where I could include the credits of the opening without having to disrupt the scenes as much. 

After I did this I thought I could get a little editing done, before I get further into it. To start I emailed the clips to myself so I could open them  on my computer and put them into Premier Pro. Once I got to this point, I decided to just arrange the clips into the right order and put the blank spots between them.





No comments:

Post a Comment

FILM OPENING

 After weeks in the making I have finally finished my film opening. It was a great learning experience for me and I had a lot of fun while d...