Monday, March 21, 2022

Filming

 I finally found a day and time where everyone's schedules were aligned and we could begin filming. The location was the same place as I originally planned, Regional park, and I made sure that it was dark outside by the time we started. After printing our a few copies of my script I left at around 8 pm to meet with my actors at the basketball court. Then once we walked over to the playground area, we began filming. 

    Though I had took time to write a script, I didn't find it necessary to stick to it perfectly which is something I told my actors. Overall I just wanted their interactions to feel as casual as possible. When we got there were a couple people in the playground so we focused on shooting all the scenes that didn't require us to film there. By the end, I had more than enough clips I needed and everything went relatively smoothly. I even got suggestions from the actors that I felt helped to improve certain scenes. Thankfully we had finished just a few minutes before all the lights were starting to go out. 

Some of the footage

The main thing to do now was to collect the bits of footage I had and edit/cut them plus throw out the ones that I didn't need or didn't fit. Right now though, I'm too tired to do anything so I'm gonna have to do it another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

FILM OPENING

 After weeks in the making I have finally finished my film opening. It was a great learning experience for me and I had a lot of fun while d...