Sunday, March 20, 2022

thinking of a title

    For my title, I wanted to keep it short and simple like most film titles are. As a rule of thumb, I tried to limit the amount of words I used as best possible by keeping a maximum of 3 words. 

    Something I found that made thinking of a title especially difficult for me was that I felt like I didn't have a good enough idea of what the rest of the film would be like outside of the opening. Because of this, since I didn't have much of an overarching story to base the title on, I thought it would be good to reference the found footage aspect of the film. 

    While brainstorming ideas for a title, I looked for inspiration through titles of other horror films. What I found was that the titles were often very simple but in that simplicity they also felt cryptic or alluding in a way. Some examples of this would be films like The Ring, Mother!, etc. After a little bit of thinking, I came to 2 possible titles. "Press Play" or "Press Play Record" Ultimately thought, I think I prefer Press Play because I think the simpler the title is the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FILM OPENING

 After weeks in the making I have finally finished my film opening. It was a great learning experience for me and I had a lot of fun while d...