Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Music marketing post #2

     Since I've completed my music marketing project, I feel like I've gained a lot of insight on what its like to work on a longer term project like this one. For one, I realize now how important the beginning stages are in making the rest of the process flow much more quickly and smoothly. The initial brainstorming my group and I did was very useful in giving me a general idea/grasp of what we wanted to do and helped lead a lot of our decisions down the road. The making of the schedule in particular was something I hadn't done before but thought was useful in staying on track. 

    

    During the production phase there were some minor hiccups but the beginning stages like the storyboard and schedule really helped make it less complicated. Starting out, I knew that the production process might be very time consuming due to the decision to use animation in a large portion of the music video. I scheduled my work accordingly so that I could finish the video at a steady pace that was in line with the incoming due date. The program used to edit and put together the video, premier pro,  was one I had never used before. This caused me a little trouble at first but now since I've put myself through that process I can say that I have a general sense of how to use it (which could prove useful in future projects)



    Having finished the presentation, my biggest regret or the main thing I would have done differently would be to have practiced the slides a bit more and worked more on making the slides easier to understand. By this I mean that I feel that the information in the slides could have been better if they had communicated better the ideas we had. 



    Overall I think this project has taught me a lot about managing my time, planning out my work, and experimenting with new mediums. Typically with most projects, I struggle to stay on time and usually end up having to rush a lot of the work. This time, since I knew it was a big project, scheduling and creating an outline of what needed to be done by what date, I feel really helped. In terms of trying new mediums, animation was something I had little to no experience with so deciding to make several animated parts for the music video was a little bit of a risk. In the end though, I'm glad I went through with it as I learned a lot about the process of animating and a new found appreciation for the effort professional animators put into their art. Another thing I gained from doing the project was trying out a new editing software. This in particular is something I could see being helpful for my Cambridge portfolio as it had helped me become better at editing and just overall more comfortable with editing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

FILM OPENING

 After weeks in the making I have finally finished my film opening. It was a great learning experience for me and I had a lot of fun while d...