Friday, March 11, 2022

Script

 To prepare for the filming of my project I needed a script/screenplay  so that I have actual structure and substance to my story. 

Screenplay

Park playground - Night


We open on a playground in a park. We see 2 boys sitting on a bench illuminated by a street lamp above. One of them holds an old digital camera

-Erick  “are you recording yet?”

-Gabe “mhm” nodding his head

Gabe points the camera around and the pov switches to that of the camera. He points it towards Erick

-Gabe “so how do you feel right now”

-Erick “what?”

-Gabe “i'm interviewing you”

-Erick “fine I guess. What are you even trying to record”

-Gabe “I don’t know i'm just winging it”

-Erick chuckles

Gabe puts the camera down cuts to next sequence

Gabe hands camera to Erick

-Gabe “here record me real quick”

-Erick “ok?”

-Gabe “watch this”

Gabe does a trick on the swings

-Erick “that was lame”

-Gabe “I’d like to see you try”

Erick hands the camera back to Gabe. Erick replicates the trick

-Erick “easy”

-Gabe “ok buddy”

Cuts again to another sequence. Gabe films him and Erick going down the slide.

Cuts again to the chasing each other in the park. Gabe runs while Erick chases him. 

Erick sees a dark silhouette under the gondola and stops chasing; Gabe notices. 

-Gabe “what”

-Erick “do you see that thing over there”

-Gabe “where?”

-Erick “under the thing over there”

-Gabe “oh yeah… was that always there?”

-Erick “I don’t think so”

-Gabe “weird…”

Gabe zooms in with his camera

-Gabe “I can’t make out what it is.”

-Erick “you wanna go check it out?”

-Gabe “Im good”

Cuts again we see them walking along the path

-Gabe “I challenge you to a race”

-Erick “Do you want to embarrass yourself on camera?”

-Gabe “I’ve been practicing”

-Erick “ok sure then”

-Gabe “plus im holding the camera so if you don’t win this its not looking too good for you”

-Erick “don’t worry about me”

-Gabe “we stop over there at that tree”

They start the race and Gabe is in the lead. Gabe reaches the end first

-Gabe “tsk tsk what do you have to say for yourself Erick”

Gabe turns around but sees nobody. 

-Gabe (shouts) “this isn’t funny Erick where are you?”

Gabe starts looking around trying to find Erick.

As he walks around he hears something behind him and turns around.

Nothing is there but when he looks back he sees the gondola and sees that

the black figure is now gone. He breathes heavily as he starts frantically calling for his friend.

Gabe runs over to the  bathroom to see if his friend is there.

A startling sound leads him to enter one of the stalls. There he quickly locks the door and waits.

He keeps recording just in case something bad happens.

Lights turn off and as a last resort he shouts “not funny Erick!” the monster peaks above the stall door-end


Despite the script being a rather crucial part of my project it is likely to be subject to change during the actual filming. This is because my end goal is to have the language be as natural and fluid as possible. Since I have never wrote a script before, I am not necessarily positive that the lines will read the way I want them to. For that reason, I think its best to keep an open mind and not feel that it is super important to stick to the script verbatim. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FILM OPENING

 After weeks in the making I have finally finished my film opening. It was a great learning experience for me and I had a lot of fun while d...